Two different techniques are used to print Wafoos' designs, digital printing and plot printing (Flex / Flock).The particular process used for an item can be can be found on its 'product details' page.
- This process offers excellent printing results. Multi-colored designs with all color shades are possible.
- The digital print is flat, smooth and comfortable to the touch.
- This printing process offers greater flexibility to the designer (that's me) and is the perfect solution for getting complex brush script Kanji on to a T-Shirt!
- The printing colors, however, are not made to last forever. The colors will fade with washing over time but can last for 1-2 years if a few simple care instructions are followed:
- T-shirts should be washed inside out and set on a gentle machine cycle in cold water.
- To avoid any form of fading, machine drying is not recommended.
- Lay flat to dry.
- To maintain the life of the design, t-shirts should be ironed inside out on a low heat setting without the use of steam. This step also aids in refreshing the colors in the design.
- Dry cleaning is not recommended.
Plot Print (Flex or Flock)
- Plot Print provides superior printing results that are long-lasting and the colors won't fade.
- Plot Print is available in two types, flex or flock. The flex print is flat and has a touch of shine to it like vinyl. The flock print feels soft and fuzzy and is slightly raised. Both materials are extremely comfortable to wear.
- Products in the Wafooist Designer (click the 'Design Your Own' button on the left) use this process, allowing you to freely mix and match products and the colors of material and ink.